Your business doesn’t get paid for sending out invoices, but it is a necessary step in getting paid for the work you do and the services that you provide. Having a streamlined, efficient, and clear invoicing process can save you money in a number of ways:
- It ensures that clients pay you quickly and in full.
- It ensures that you do not neglect to invoice clients for services rendered.
- It saves time that could be spent on other business matters.
How can you implement a more efficient invoicing process in your business? Here are five ideas:
- Create a clear agreement with your clients. Every good invoicing process begins with a crystal clear agreement with your clients regarding your business relationship. This contract should include specific information regarding the job that is being completed, the timeframe for that job, the payment for the job, and the timeframe for that payment. Having an agreement with your clients will make the invoicing process much easier down the road.
- Set a clear outline of invoicing tasks. Break the invoicing process into very clear steps, such as collecting the information for the invoices, proofing the invoices for mistakes, and mailing the invoices. Completing invoices in groups is much preferable to rushing through the invoicing process with individual clients whenever needed, as it saves time and increases accuracy.
- Minimize the number of people managing invoicing. Just as your invoicing process should have clearly delineated tasks, it should also have clearly chosen people for each task. Delegating one or two people to the invoicing process is ideal to minimize mistakes, confusion, and lag time.
- Set a regular timeline. Depending on your business, it may make sense to invoice your clients once a week, once a month, or once a quarter. Whichever timeline works for you, create a regular calendar of tasks and completion dates and stick to it. Setting a timeline ensures that invoices don’t fall through the cracks and that your cash flow is even.
- Outsource your invoice printing and mailing. For many businesses, big and small, outsourcing tasks like invoice printing and mailing can be the best answer to streamlining your invoicing process. Outsourcing these tasks can save you considerable time and money, while freeing up your employees for other projects.
Towne Mailer Invites You To Request A Free Quote
Are you in the processes of streamlining your invoice process? Do you want to know how much outsourcing your invoice printing, processing, and mailing can save your business? Give the team at Towne Mailer a call today to see exactly how we can help: (877) 882-6245 .
Request A Quote
Get the best Print Provider. We guarantee fast turnaround times.
Call today to speak with one of our team members: (877) 882-6245