We Don’t Just Offer Invoice Printing And Mailing Services. We Help Create More Effective Invoicing!
At Towne Mailer, we specialize in the invoice printing and mailing process. This could be bills, statements, newsletters, or just about anything our clients can dream up. This means we are experts in printing, stuffing, sealing, and sending invoices. But something you may not be aware of is our ability to create and design statements and invoices.
Our mission is to help you and your business be more efficient and more profitable. A part of that mission is the ability to create invoices that are clear, professional, and effective, resulting in a proficient, streamlined process that ends with you getting paid faster.
What Does It Take To Create Great Invoice Printing and Mailing?
An invoice should be more than a receipt. Let’s take a look and consider the creation of a great invoice – from its content to its design to its marketing power.
Our team is fluent in the language of business and commerce and we look forward to sharing that expertise with you. So, let’s get started.
What Information Should Be Included In Your Invoices, Bills, & Statements?
A traditional invoice will typically contain similar content. Your customers can expect to see important dates – such as when the invoice was processed and when payment is due, an invoice number, an account number, a concise and detailed description of services rendered, a list of charges – including a clear sum total, payment information, a thank you, and something identifiable to you or your business – perhaps a logo, letterhead, or even a slogan.
You can add more or less information, but it is important to keep in mind that certain vitals should always be included. It is also important to remember that too much information can make your invoice difficult to read and overwhelming for some customers. This could lead to unpaid bills that contribute to extra work for you and your team, as well as upsetting your reputation as a customer service driven business.
Design A More Effective Invoice Or Bill
Now that you know what kind of information belongs on your invoice or bill, you can focus on designing a great invoice that organizes the information in a clear and logical way. Here are our best tips:
• Don’t be afraid of white space. Having clean, clear areas on your page is a great design measure and helps readers focus on the most important information.
• Stay away from extra information and resist cluttering. It’s okay if not every inch of the paper contains a design element.
• Adhere to classic invoice design. This is not the time to become an innovator of new invoice design ideas. Customers are familiar with traditional looking invoices and it helps them locate information.
• Put the contact information somewhere prominent. If your customer or client has a question, make it extremely easy for them to get in touch with you. It will increase customer satisfaction and improve cash flow.
What Are The Benefits Of A Well-Designed Invoice?
For starters, clear invoices make it easier for customers to pay their bills. Secondly, since your money comes in sooner, it can improve your cash flow. Finally, having a well-designed invoice can boost your brand in the eyes of your customers.
Don’t Make These Common Invoice Design Mistakes
Since you now better understand what it takes to make your invoices more effective, let’s consider the most common invoice design mistakes that we see here in the Towne Mailer office.
• Invoice printing in color: Color always looks great, but when it comes to money, printing in grayscale looks just as nice and is much less costly.
• Unusual fonts: Fonts can be fun and different but using a strange font for your invoice is a big mistake. Not only can it look unprofessional, it can also make your invoice or bill difficult to read, especially for those with less-than-perfect vision.
• Not using a personal tone: You don’t want to sound too casual, but you do want to sound warm and human. Make sure that your tone is hitting the right mark and in line with your brand.
• Adding too much information: Don’t clutter your invoice, either with too many design details or with too much information. It’s confusing and visually unappealing.
These mistakes can harm your cash flow, annoy your customers, and hurt your brand. We are familiar with all of them and can help your team perfect an invoice or bill template that is better looking and more functional.
Using Your Invoices As A Marketing Tool
Many businesses see their invoices simply as a way of getting clients and customers to pay their bills. However, like any other business document, an invoice or statement is a communication from your brand. That means a proper invoice is an opportunity to remind them of your brand, so let’s work together and make sure your brand looks great.
Some ways you can inject your brand into your statements and bills are by adding a logo, inserting a monthly newsletter or promotion, adding your business’ tagline or slogan, and always using your company’s distinct voice.
Add An Announcement To Your Invoices And Bills
One of the additional services that we offer at Towne Mailer is adding announcements and special inserts into your invoice printing and mailing services.
Some examples needing an insert may be the opening of a new location, the addition or change of one or more services, an upcoming event, a coupon or giveaway, a newsletter, or anything else you think your customers should know.
If we have ample time to prepare for the addition, this can be done easily and at low cost.
Invoice Design Is Directly Related To Your Cash Flow
We recognize that we have spent a lot of time going over the do’s and don’ts of invoice design. You might be asking yourself, “why is this so important, anyway?”
Believe it or not, your invoice can affect your cash flow as well as your bottom line. If your invoice or bill is easy to read and understand, a customer will pay it much more quickly. If your bill is confusing and cluttered, a customer may toss it aside or, at an even greater cost to your business, call customer service and take valuable time away from you and your employees.
A well-designed invoice also improves customer relations. If an invoice is friendly and has a great tone, customers will associate your business with those attributes. If an invoice feels cold, harsh or impersonal, they may start associating those feelings with your brand.
Ready For A Culture Of Sharp & High-Performing Invoices?
We truly care about our clients and their businesses–and that means caring that their invoices and bills are clear, effective, and timely.
If you’re ready to outsource your invoice printing and mailing tasks, or if you are looking to switch your invoice printing and processing provider, we want to hear from you.
Contact the Towne Mailer team today to learn more about invoice printing and mailing services, ask questions, or request a free, no-obligation job quote. Find out just how much time and money you can save today by calling (877) 882-6245 or by filling out our short online contact form.