At Towne Mailer, we’ve found that there are a number of myths and misconceptions regarding outsourcing–the act of a company using a contractor or another company to perform services on behalf of the company. In fact, in some ways, outsourcing has become a bad word, associated with the job losses in the United States and poorer quality services. But that’s simply not the whole story.
We want you to know that outsourcing the printing and mailing of your invoices and statements, you can save both time and money for your company, without sending any jobs overseas. We also want you to know that outsourcing has an interesting history filled with interesting facts and trivia. Here are just a few interesting number and bits of information when it comes to outsourcing trivia:
- The modern-day concept of outsourcing was developed in the 1960s, when many of the country’s businesses were recuperating and evolving after the end of World War II.
- The reason that 87 percent of companies choose to outsource tasks is cost reduction. The second biggest reason that companies choose outsourcing is improved efficiency.
- About 54 percent of customer service positions are outsourced today. About 40 percent of banking positions are outsourced. At the same time, 43 percent of call center positions are outsourced. Sixty-seven percent of legal services are outsourced. Fifty-three percent of manufacturing companies take advantage of outsourcing.
- Fifty-five percent of IT companies say that outsourcing saves them a significant amount of money each year. Sixty percent of all outsourcers work for IT companies. Of the tech companies, IBM outsources the most workers, at 63,700 outsourced workers.
- The global outsourcing industry was worth $507 billion in 2014.
- The least likely job to be outsourced is strategic planning–89 percent of companies say that want to keep those jobs in-house. Almost 80 percent of companies do not wish to outsource their sales force or marketing employees.
Request A Free Quote From Towne Mailer
Outsourcing can be good for your company, good for the American economy, and good for your products and services. By requesting a free quote from Towne Mailer, you can discover exactly how much you can save on printing and mailing your statements and invoices, as well as how we can help you make the printing and mailing process faster, more accurate, and more efficient. Start by contacting us or calling our offices at 877.882.6245.