Presorted First-Class mail is an excellent choice for businesses that send mailings to multiple clients on a regular basis. It is a fast, convenient, and affordable way to send documents that include personal information, including:
- Personalized correspondence
- Parcels weighing less than 13 ounces
Generally, presorted First-Class mail is the best option for any of your business documents that are not newsletters, advertisements, catalogs, or mailers.
First-Class Mail: The Basics
First-Class mail is one of the most common ways to communicate with others through the United States Post Office (USPS). Here’s what you need to know:
- First-Class mail rates are the same no matter where your mail is traveling: the rate is the same whether you are sending a letter down the block or to the furthest reaches of Alaska.
- The maximum weight of a First-Class letter is 13 ounces.
- The minimum number of letters you can mail at the commercial automated presort First-Class rate is 500.
- You may be charged extra for your First-Class mail if your package is square, rigid, non-rectangular, or of an uneven thickness.
- You may add Registered Mail or Certified Mail services to your First-Class mailing for a small fee.
- The only two classes of mail that are faster than First-Class mail are Priority Mail and Priority Mail Express.
- Standard Mail and Standard Post are slower and less expensive classes of mail. Personalized mail like letters and invoices may not be sent through standard mail.
The Benefits of Presorted Mail
Presorting your mail simply means organizing your mail by zip code, bundling it, and placing it in trays before you deliver it to the post office. Because presorting saves the post office time and money, presorting your mail results in a lower postal rate and overall savings for your business. At Towne Mailer, all of our mailings are presorted with the help of our technology and delivered to the post office already bundled and in trays. Using our services allows you to take advantage of presorted mailing costs without having to presort the mail yourself.
Take Advantage of Our Mailing Knowledge
Understanding all of the different classes of mail, as well as the regulations for each class, can be difficult. The Towne Mailer team is familiar with all of this information and we specialize in helping our clients mail their letters and advertisements in the fastest, more affordable, and most efficient manner possible. Speak with us today about your mailing needs and whether presorted First-Class mail is the best avenue for your business mail.
How To Get Started
Our ability to quickly print, assemble, and sort mail can save your business a significant amount of time and money. Request a free quote to see how much you can save by calling Towne Mailer at (877) 882-6245 or filling out the form below.
Request A Quote
Get the best Print Provider. We guarantee fast turnaround times.
Call today to speak with one of our team members: (877) 882-6245