The way that people use printing and mailing services have changed over the years as the internet has become the fastest way to communicate. Some would argue that the old school method of statement printing and mailing has outlived its peak season and that it is destined to become a thing of the past altogether. While there is a place for electronic communications, such as emails, texts, and online account access, statement printing and mailing, especially of sensitive, legal or financial documents, is still the primary and client preferred method of viewing account information.
In order to make a sound and reasonable decision as to how to proceed with your business statement printing and mailing, you have to consider doing a cost-benefit analysis first. Here are just a few of the key benefits of outsourcing, but there are many more. When you partner with an invoice printing and mailing specialist such as Towne Mailer, you are able to benefit from our almost 20 years of experience and expertise that we share with you to accomplish your work getting statements printed and mailed to your customers in record time. Let’s look at the top 5 reasons to outsource your statement printing and mailing with Towne Mailer.
1. Save Money
Obviously one of the main reasons that so many businesses choose to outsource certain critical or peripheral in-house tasks to a third-party specialist is to save money. From expensive printing machinery to the loss of valuable square footage to high labor costs to retails postage costs, doing your own statement printing and mailing can be more expensive than you might think. The benefits of outsourcing in this case far outweigh the downsides. Let’s briefly go over these costs to see how they might add up to be real money that could be used elsewhere in your business.
- Printer and Technology Costs: A color laser printer that can do the job as well as a printing and mailing specialist will cost anywhere from $50K to $5 million dollars. It will not only depreciate quickly, but you’d need to print 100,000 to 30 million documents to justify the equipment costs to do the work in-house. Doing the work yourself will likely not yield the results you desired anyway, so why fight so hard to keep your work in-house? By outsourcing your statement printing and mailing with a 3rd party specialist such as Towne Mailer, you can leave the expensive equipment for us to maintain while you reap the benefits of our excellent printing and technology.
- Mailing Equipment Costs: Mailing equipment is also expensive ranging from $50K for an optical sorter all the way up to close to $300K for an intelligent inserter with a life expectancy of about 5 years. The machines all have to be maintained, serviced, repaired, upgraded, and eventually replaced which can be extremely expensive to handle when they break in the middle of stressful times. They also have to be staffed with dedicated employees that are trained in how to use all of the equipment. Also, don’t forget about the cost and maintenance of 1 or more postage meters.
- Square Footage Space: Your printing and mailing operation take up a ton of valuable square footage in your office, warehouse, or retail space. That huge backroom you have full of printers, computers, paper, ink, toner, postage, and envelopes uses up pricey real estate in your office that could be used for production that is in-line with your core competencies. Instead of using all that space for equipment, supplies, paper, etc., you could have more desk space for employees, a break room for the staff, or extra space for products that are income producing. It’s important to recognize how much space is wasted by trying too hard to do everything yourself.
- Labor Costs: Your manager, bookkeeper, assistant, or customer service agent is not specifically trained in how to be an excellent statement printing and mailing specialist. There is not only training involved regarding how to handle all of the work, but to maintain the equipment as well. Your dedicated staff members must sometimes switch gears from doing spreadsheets to working on the printing which lowers the quality of both by splitting focus from core competencies to non-core competencies.
- Postage Costs: Postal rates for printing and mailing statements yourself are full meter rates at best. By outsourcing your printing and mailing needs to a 3rd party specialist such as Towne Mailer, you get to benefit from the lower postal rates that our company gets by mailing such a large volume with bulk pricing. For the small cost of having us handle your printing, you are going to save a lot of money on everything from printer to postage costs.
2. Increase Efficiency
When your staff is no longer burdened by mundane jobs such as statement preparation, printing and mailing, they can streamline their other activities and refocus their energy on innovation, sales, and expansion. By hiring out your printing and mailing from us, you’ll notice how much more efficient we are the task because we are specialists that know what we are doing to save you time, effort, and money. That means we just have the expertise and equipment to do it better. And that’s ok. Do what you do best and let us help with the rest.
3. Increase Quality
Because we have the best state-of-the-art equipment, you will see right away that our quality far surpasses what can be done in-house or by other printing and mailing specialists. From the equipment to the years of experience in printing and mailing statements, we have sophisticated controls over our operations that make us exceptional at our jobs. The highest level of printing quality can be achieved because we have specialized for almost 20 years in having the right equipment, and well-trained staff to run it all. You will notice a significant increase in your printing quality when you outsource with Towne Mailer.
4. Improved Control
When companies are first deciding whether or not to outsource, the biggest obstacle is often in the mind. There is an innate fear of losing control of one of the most important channels of communication your organization has with its customers. Though the fear is understandable, it instinctively makes you want to keep everything in-house. However, companies who outsource often find they have more control with their outsource provider than they had when they were doing it themselves. This is due to the fact that controls that are set up with an outsource service must work for many clients, and they must work all the time, for all kinds of print and mail jobs, in all circumstances. In addition, Towne Mailer exceeds expectations when it comes to clear communication and follow-through. We can help you keep control of knowing what is going on with any given order because we will strive to collaborate with you in a meaningful way.
5. Strategic Insights in Reporting
When you outsource your statement printing and mailing to Towne Mailer, we become responsible for tracking everything related to the order. When were the statements sent? How many went out? When did they get received by our customers? These kinds of questions might send your staff on a wild goose chase to figure it all out when you handle your printing and mailing in-house. We at Towne Mailer have the correct tracking software and the experts to be able to accurately report and account for the tasks that are completed when they are done. At any given time, we will be able to let you know the status of any order.
Who is Towne Mailer?
Towne Mailer is one of the leading experts in printing and mailing in the United States. Over 20 years, we have expanded from a small office to a huge 7,000 square foot facility in Missoula, MT to serve clients all over the country. Our 20 person staff is comprised of experienced and professional printing and mailing experts. Our mission is to bring excellence in printing quality, customer service, and speed and reliability of delivery.
When you contact us to handle your statement printing and mailing tasks, we can get you started with a no-obligation quote on how much we can save you by handling your printing and mailing. We would ask you to upload a test document of your print job to our server that we can format post a sample for your review and approval. Once you approve it, we guarantee to send your customer their statement within 24 hours. It’s that simple.
Reach out to Towne Mailer today. We aim to be your trusted printing and mailing specialists to handle every kind of order from big to small. We will always go above and beyond to get your job done right every time. We look forward to helping you to make sound and reasonable decisions about the future of your statement printing and mailing.